Ireland West Airport Knock in association with ski holiday experts Topflight, will operate a weekly series of ski charters direct to Salzburg, the heart of Austria’s ski region, for the winter ski season. Flights will depart Ireland West Knock, every Saturday morning from 27th December 2008 to 28th March 2009 inclusive. Topflight has a vast selection of resorts to choose from, all within an easy distance of Salzburg Airport. Topflight currently have some fantastic special offers starting from only €459 plus taxes! Ski is an ideal holiday to beat the winter blues and with such great value from Topflight, there never has been a better time to hit the slopes and be guaranteed to have an action, fun packed holiday!
Call Topflight now on (01) 2401700, www.topflight.ie
or your local travel agent for a copy of the Winter Ski Brochure 2009 and check out your choice of winter holiday direct with Topflight from Ireland West Airport Knock, direct to Salzburg this winter season.
Special offers from Ireland West Airport Knock departing on - 10th & 17th January - Based on 2 sharing
1) Austria, Soll
Soll Pensions B&B €519 per person including tax
2) Austria, Westendorf
Haus Leo B&B €559 per person including tax
3) Austria, St.Johann
3* Goldener Lowe H/B €659 per person including tax
4) Austria, Westendorf
3* Hotel Post H/B €859 per person including tax
Here are Ireland West Airport Knock and Topflight’s tips for enjoying a great snow or ski break
1. Enjoy cultural breaks as well.
2. The best time to go for good value is 10th, 17 or 24th January to escape the January blues, or else 7th or 14th March – check the Topflight website or your local travel agent for great January deals.
3. All hotels and public areas need to be very warm, so bring a warm jacket, a warm sweater and trousers as well as lined gloves, and keep the glam light tops for evening wear. Don’t over pack the woollies.
4. Don’t forget a hat.
5. Bring good sunglasses
6. A camera is a must for those stunning views.
7. Wellness resorts – with thermal spas in Austria and Germany are excellent for treating yourself and indeed, some of the wellness medical spas can relieve arthritis and other symptoms. Treat yourself.
Topflight have lots of holiday ideas to tempt you this winter with their direct charter flight from Ireland West Knock to Salzburg in Austria.
Here’s a quick round up of Topflight’s top Austrian ski and snow breaks this winter, from their Ski Brochure 2009.
1. Mayrhofen – great for beginners and intermediate skiers
2. Westendorf/Soll/Scheffau, Ellmau and Going – loved by the Irish and great for beginners – but also all part of the Ski Welt – the biggest interconnected ski area in Austria
3. The Gastein Valley – superb for intermediate and advanced skiers and a unique wellness area
4. St.Johann – great for groups
5. Saalbach – the Saalbach Ski Circus – should be a top choice for good skiers – and of course it is the destination for the Today FM Ian Dempsey Ski Trip this year
6. Zell am See – beautiful resort by Lake Zell – and great intermediate skiing
7. Kitzbuhel – trendy top of the range resort
And here are some ideas to tempt non-skiers
8. St.Wolfgang – winter wonderful for occasional skiers and non skiers
Stunning St.Wolfgang is set beside the lake, a total winter wonderland dream.
Enjoy sleigh rides, balloon rides, cross country skiing – if you want to give it a go, snow shoe walking, Nordic walking, trips to Salzburg to Mozart concerts or even a Sound of Music Tour or visit the spa resort of Bad Ischl with its famous thermal baths just a short bus or taxi ride away. Stay lakeside at the White Horse Inn, which is a superb wellness hotel. Prices start from around 859 including half board accommodation, flights to Salzburg, transfers and rep services.
9. The Gastein Valley – superb skiing and wellness
The Gastein valley is only one hour from Salzburg offering something very special all year round, with its breath-taking mountain scenery, leisure and wellness facilities, its thermal spas and its unique feature, the Heilstollen wellness and healing cave. What could be nicer, than to spend a holiday among nature, and be pampered and genuinely feel better, with a thermal spa treatment or visit to these healing caves? Also try the Alpentherme, the superb public spa in Bad Hofgastein. This spa offers a huge selection of indoor and outdoor thermal pools, saunas, treatments, beauty parlour, cinema for children, and above all wellness. Try the superb family owned ThermenhotelSendlhof Hotel in Bad HofGastein a 4 star plus luxury wellness hotel, with superb facilities as well as excellent cuisine. Or alternatively the 4 star belle époque Hotel Villa Solitude in Bad Gastein which is within walking and hearing distance of a stunning waterfall. Resort activities in the valley include walking on cleared paths, trips to Salzburg by train or bus, the Casino in Bad Gastein, and sleigh rides. A typical week in the Gastein valley will cost around 999 euros, including flights to Salzburg from Ireland West Knock Airports, half board accommodation, transfers, and rep services for the week. Treatments are extra and can be booked locally by your hotel or your Topflight rep.