Ireland West Airport Knock is the main international air access gateway for the West, North West and Midland regions of Ireland. The Airport has also experienced rapid developments and now serves more than 25 scheduled and charter destinations across Ireland, the UK, Europe and beyond. Ireland West Airport Knock is recognised as the preferred airport of choice within its catchment region because of the competitiveness, choice and value the Airport offers.
Position: HR Manager
Purpose of Post
Lead the HR function in support of the airports goals and objectives which will add value and provide a professional advice and support service to all staff.
- Manage the HR budgets and spend in this area with special focus on HR costs and staffing rosters. This will include setting and monitoring and reporting of HR metrics and KPI’s to ensure cost management, efficiency and compliance on a set frequency to senior management.
- Effectively manage employee relations issues including disciplinary and grievance related issues, absence, leave management and other key HR areas including recruitment, training and attrition.
- Facilitate resolution of employee issues as they arise, including case management of grievance and disciplinary issues at local level and management of all EAT / Labour Court / Rights Commissioner submissions as required.
- Organise all elements of the HR function in a structured way to ensure the effective management of all core HR tasks, including personnel records, training, and compliance matters.
- Ensure effective two-way communication systems are implemented which will promote information sharing and employee participation across the business and all staff levels and drive related HR improvement projects, including organisation planning, performance management, and remuneration and communication initiatives.
Additional Duties to include:
- Work closely with line management and senior management to provide HR consulting on employee relations, employee & management development, hiring selections, compensation, workplace effectiveness and performance management.
- Strong employee relations skills with thorough knowledge of Irish employment law.
- Facilitate the management of the Training and Development programme for all staff to meet organizational goals and objectives.
- Develop and amend effective and appropriate HR policies and procedures to implement throughout the business. Provide advice and interpretation of these policies as appropriate.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of business and HR trends and employment legislation and pro-actively use knowledge to provide excellent customer focused value add service provision.
- Develop and support the HR administration function.
- The candidate will hold a degree in HR or related discipline (CIPD qualification is desirable).
- Employee relations experience, in particular working in a fast moving, customer facing, and service based industry with low margins.
- Experience of working in a highly regulated business with frequent external stakeholder audits whilst also working within a unionised environment.
- At least 5 years of human resource experience with a strong emphasis on coaching, employee relations and project implementation, with a dynamic, diverse operational and commercial environment.
- A people person with excellent communication skills, and have the demonstrated ability to build solid relationships at all levels both internally and with external stakeholders.
- A self-motivated, driven person who is dedicated to maintaining high quality standards and achieving results and delivering to fixed deadlines.
- Personal qualities that demonstrate leadership, confidence, sound judgment, enthusiasm, commitment and strong ethics.
- Must have aptitude to quickly learn HRIS systems and strong organisational skills.
The position offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply please submit a current C.V and short cover letter outlining your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org before 23rd May 2014.
Please quote reference number HR14 - in subject line of email.