Adrenalin-pumping action, heart-stopping finishes and breath-taking fashion; you are at the Galway Races. Situated on the outskirts of Galway city, in the West of Ireland, the Galway Race Festivals are world renowned.
Veteran race goers, and indeed those who simply love the atmosphere, travel from around the world for the unique experience that is, the Galway Races.
The Galway Races is certainly a festival for everyone. The Festival runs for seven consecutive days starting Mon, July 26th – Sun, Aug 1st. Highlights include:
Ladies Day (Best Dressed Person Competition) - Thursday of Summer Festival Meeting.
- Taking place on Thursday 29th July, Anthony Ryan’s Best Dressed Competition has a prize fund of €20000 with the Best Dressed Lady set to scoop a prize worth over €12,000, the largest prize on offer to the winner of a Best Lady Dressed Competition in Ireland this year. This year’s Best Dressed Lady will walk away with a one carat diamond solitaire pendant valued at €8500, a shopping spree worth €1500 in Anthony Ryans, Galway and €1000 cash. She will also receive a corporate hospitality package for Galway Races October Bank Holiday Racing Festival to include dinner and champagne reception and a Lancôme Presentation Gift Hamper worth over €500.
The prize for the winner of the ‘Best Hat’ is a €1500 shopping spree at Anthony Ryan’s Galway. All finalists at the Anthony Ryan’s Best Dressed marquee will be presented with a special collection of Lancôme cosmetics compliments of University Pharmacy, Galway.
Mad Hatter & family Day – Sunday of Summer Festival Meeting
- Family Day on Sunday, August 1st incorporating the Mad Hatters Competition is going ahead again this year. The fun and the colour is spectacular on the day. There is huge interest in the Mad Hatters competition and the effort and creativity of the entrants is usually sheer brilliance. Ireland West Airport and Sunway are once again kindly sponsoring the wonderful adult holiday prizes for this competition. The competition will be judged by Loughrea based milliner Suzie Mahony.
With over 50 flights a week from the UK into Ireland West Airport Knock you are only an hour away from the Galway Races when you fly into Ireland West Knock. Book your flight now to get the best early deals and ensure you dont miss a great festival!
- Birmingham - Daily flights to Ireland West Airport Knock with bmibaby
- Manchester - Daily flights to Ireland West Airport Knock with bmibaby
- London Stansted - Twice daily flights to Ireland West Airport Knock with Ryanair
- London Luton - Daily flights to Ireland West Airport Knock with Ryanair
- London Gatwick - Dailyflights to Ireland West Airport Knock with Aer Lingus
- Leeds-Bradford - three flights a week to Ireland West Airport Knock with Ryanair
- Liverpool - 6 flights a week to Ireland West Airport Knock with Ryanair
- Bristol - 3 flights a week to Ireland West Airport Knock with Ryanair
- East Midlands - Nottingham - 4 flights a week to Ireland West Airport Knock with Ryanair
With the Galway Races Festival fast approaching now is the time to book your flight to ensure you get the best deals.
To check out great rates on accommodation in Galway during the festival book with Europe's leading hotel booking engine, booking.com by clicking here