Wednesday 6th January 2010 - 16:00pm
Ireland West Airport Knock wishes to advise all passengers that the airport is currently open and operating as normal.
Please be advised of the following
- Bristol International Airport is experiencing heavy snow fall and is currently closed until 1400hrs, resulting in disruption to both departing and arriving flights. Please check with your Airline for further information.
- Liverpool John Lennon Airport (JLA) has been affected by the recent adverse weather conditions, which necessitated runway closures for part of Tuesday 5th January 2010.Whilst the terminal building continues to remain open, some flights may be affected by the weather conditions either at JLA or at their destination airport, and may be subject to delays and/or cancellations.For this reason, passengers should check the status of their flights directly with their airline for the latest information about their route.
- London Luton Airport is open. However, due to severe weather conditions, passengers or those meeting people at the airport are strongly advised to contact the airline as flights will be subject to delay, diversion or cancellation.
As a result of the weather in the UK the fiollowing flights have been cancelled:
- Flight EI916 with Aer Lingus which was due to arrive from London Gatwick at 13:35pm has being cancelled. Subsequently the outbound flight EI917 from Ireland West Airport Knock which was due to depart from Ireland West Knock to London Gatwick at 14:15pm has also being cancelled. Passengers travelling on this flight are advised not to travel to the airport and to contact Aer Lingus on 0818 365 000 to make alternative arrangements or change your booking on their website www.aerlingus.com.
- Inbound Flight FR807 from London Stansted with Ryanair which was due to arrive at Ireland West Airport Knock at 12:00pm has been cancelled as a result of Snow at London Stansted Airport. However outbound flight FR808 to London Stansted from Ireland West Airport Knock which was due to depart from ireland West Knock at 12:25pm will still operate but will be delayed. Passengers are advised to contact Ryanair on (+353) 01 2497791 for further information
Passengers are advised that closures at UK airports are having a knock on effect to flights operating both to and from Ireland West Airport Knock and are resulting in signifcant delays. Ireland West Airport Knock is open and oeprating as normal.
Passengers are advised to contact their airlines for further information on their respective flights:
Aer Arann: 0818 210 210 / www.aerarann.com
Aer Lingus: 0818 365 000 / www.aerlingus.com
bmibaby: 1890 340 122 / www.bmibaby.com
Ryanair: 01 249 7791 / www.ryanair.com
Further updates on weather conditions and status of todays flights will be published here throughout the day and 'Live flight information' updates are available on the homepage of our website www.irelandwestairport.com
Customers are also advised to please allow extra time to travel safely to and from the airport, to arrive at check-in at least 90mins prior to their flight departure. Passengers who check in online should plan to arrive at the terminal building at least 90mins before their flight departure time.